- 4 teaspoons coconut oil, divided
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 stalk lemongrass, tough outer layer removed and discarded, inner part minced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves and stems separated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 2-inch piece of ginger, minced and divided
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 head baby bok choy, coarsely shredded
- Rice, for serving
In a large nonstick skillet, melt 2 teaspoons of the coconut oil over medium heat and add the scallions, lemongrass, cilantro stems, half the garlic and half the ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey with the cooled scallion mixture, panko breadcrumbs and 1 teaspoon of salt. Form the mixture into 16 small meatballs. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons coconut oil to the skillet, and cook the meatballs over medium high heat until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Transfer the meatballs to a plate, leaving the oil behind in the skillet as much as possible.
Add the remaining garlic and ginger to the skillet. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the curry paste and cook just sizzling, about another minute. Add the lime zest, coconut milk, brown sugar, and fish sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
Add the meatballs and bok choy and simmer, covered, until the bok choy is tender and the meatballs are cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Off heat, stir in cilantro leaves and lime juice. Serve over rice.