Fried rice is the ultimate customizable meal. You can your choice of rice, your pick of proteins and a variety of veggies to create an easy and filling dinner to suit your taste.
Healthy swap option: Use frozen cauliflower rice in place of rice.
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoons ginger, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 cups frozen brown or white rice
- 1 cup leftover herbed pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, sliced, divided
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the oil and onions and cook until the onions are translucent and tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add in the pork and broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes. Add in the rice and stir to combine.
2. In a small dish, whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and half the scallions. Stir mixture into the pork and rice and cook for about 5-8 minutes until the mixture has come together and is hot.
3. Remove from heat and add remaining scallions, cilantro and sesame seeds to serve.