- 2 ripe, but firm pears, halved and cored
- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Vanilla Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with foil.
Arrange the pears, cut side up, on one of the baking sheets. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter and bake until tender, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly.
While the pears are baking, toss together the pecans, oats, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter and stir to combine. Spread the crumb topping on the second baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
Whip the heavy cream, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
To serve, place the pear halves on small plates, top with the almond crumble and a dollop of whipped cream.