- 1 cup white rice
- 4 - 6 strips bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1/2 onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds peeled and de-veined medium shrimp
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the green pepper and onion and saute until the pepper is soft and the onion is translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the marinara sauce and cook until simmering.
- Add the shrimp, toss to coat and cook over medium heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the crumbled bacon. Serve on top of the rice.