This soup incorporates 3 belly-fat-blasting ingredients: onions, broccoli and Greek yogurt. It's only 100 calories per cup, contains 6g of protein and 6g of fiber. Pair it with a piece of oven-roasted salmon for the ultimate (and complete) belly-fat fighting meal.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 5 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped (one 12-ounce bag)
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or low-fat or nonfat
1. Liberally coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and slightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the celery, garlic, and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more cooking spray if the pan becomes too dry.
2. Add the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the beans and cook for 5 more minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Mix in the nutmeg.
4. Place an immersion blender into the soup and blend until the desired consistency is reached, or transfer the soup carefully to a blender or food processor.
5. Add the yogurt for extra creaminess and continue to blend until the soup reaches your desired consistency.