This soup incorporates 3 belly-fat-blasting ingredients: onions, broccoli and Greek yogurt. It's only 100 calories per cup, contains 6g of protein and 6g of fiber. Pair it with a piece of oven-roasted salmon for the ultimate (and complete) belly-fat fighting meal.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 5 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped (one 12-ounce bag)
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or low-fat or nonfat
Liberally coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray and warm over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until softened and slightly browned, about 7 minutes. Add the celery, garlic, and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more cooking spray if the pan becomes too dry.2.
Add the broth, cover, and bring to a boil. Add the broccoli and reduce the heat to medium; cover and cook for about 5 minutes.3.
Add the beans and cook for 5 more minutes uncovered, stirring occasionally. Mix in the nutmeg.4.
Place an immersion blender into the soup and blend until the desired consistency is reached, or transfer the soup carefully to a blender or food processor.5.
Add the yogurt for extra creaminess and continue to blend until the soup reaches your desired consistency.