Honey-sweet mango and tangy tomatoes make for a gorgeous, beautifully flavored salsa that's an excellent side with grilled steak. Make this dish whenever you can get great mangos — or try substituting ripe peaches during the summer.
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (from 1/2 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lime, finely grated zest and juice of lime, more to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated or passed through a garlic press
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large pinch salt
- 2 large ripe mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Sliced grilled steak, see recipe above
- Lime wedges, for serving
1. In a large bowl, combine the onion, orange juice, olive oil, lime juice and zest, garlic, cumin, pepper, and salt.
2. Add mangoes, tomatoes and basil and toss well. Taste and add more lime juice and salt if needed.
3. Serve the steak, or any main dinner protein, with the mango salsa and lime wedges on the side.