Fresh avocado and cherry tomatoes make this pasta the perfect summer dish.
- 10 ounces of pasta of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1. Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt, bring it to boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a food processor, add the avocado, garlic, oil, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, pulse until creamy and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and onions with the balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Add the pasta to the bowl with the tomatoes, along with the avocado mixture, and mix everything together well to combine.
5. This dish is best served right away!