- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- Generous ¾ cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 large lettuce leaves from an iceberg or romaine lettuce, to serve
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- ½ cup fresh coriander, torn
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos (or soy-free seasoning sauce)
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the mango salsa. Mix the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli together in a bowl and pour in the coconut aminos.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
- Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the shredded coconut on a plate.
- Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the shredded coconut until it is well coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
- To serve, put a spoonful of the mango salsa into each lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it and eat like a sandwich.