It's no secret that we're big fans of all things beauty at Shop TODAY. From trendy hair tools to skin care serums, we've covered just about every product out there. And now we're shining a spotlight on the ones that have truly blown us away in our first-ever Shop TODAY Beauty Awards!
Keep reading to learn more about Shop TODAY's Beauty Awards, how we reviewed the products and came up with our 119 winners across 36 categories.
What is Shop TODAY Beauty Awards?
Shop Today is a trusted source for all budget-friendly fashion, beauty, home products and more. And now we have launched our own Beauty Awards to provide that same expert-level insights for the Best of Beauty products we have tried.
Shop TODAY editors combed through more than 1,200 editor or expert-recommended beauty products featured on Shop TODAY since 2017 and identified over 450 to review based on availability, skin care or hair concern, and price.
Then 74 TODAY staffers tried beauty products, ranging from hair and skin tools to body care and makeup and provided their honest feedback, which Shop TODAY used to get our 119 winners.
See all of the winners of our 2023 Beauty Awards
- Shop TODAY Beauty Awards: From The Ordinary to Shark, 18 winners – starting at $8
- Shop TODAY Beauty Awards: Best 15 body care products of 2023
- Beauty Awards: Best eye makeup, from mascaras to liners, starting at just $5
- Beauty Awards: Best face makeup, from foundation to primer, for a flawless base
- Beauty Awards: The 8 best lip products, from glosses to balms, starting at $4
- Shop TODAY Beauty Award winners: Here are 31 hair products worth the buy
- Shop TODAY Beauty Awards are here! 32 skin care products that earn our stamp of approval
How we reviewed products
Staffers were asked to assess each product on three qualitative traits: Quality, Satisfaction and Value.
- Quality: Refers to the condition and level of excellence of the product.
- Value: Refers to the price in relation to the amount of product received or how well the product performed.
- Satisfaction: Refers to the overall sentiment of the user towards the product. This score takes into account quality and value, but also assesses aspects such as ease of use, packaging and design.
Throughout the testing period, reviewers submitted their feedback, noting their likes, dislikes and any other information that they wished to provide during the trial period.
Once our winners were chosen from our staff, we then consulted a select panel of experts — including dermatologists, plastic surgeons, aestheticians, celebrity hair & makeup artists and other industry leaders — to provide additional insight on some of our winners.
Our panel of experts
- Michelle Henry, MD, FAAD: Board-certified dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon based in New York City
- Dendy Engelman, MD, FACMS, FAAD: Board-certified dermatologist and Mohs Surgeon in New York City
- Macrene Alexiades, MD, PhD, PLLC: A board-certified dermatologist in New York City and CEO & founder of MACRENE Actives
- Ron Robinson: Cosmetic chemist and founder of skin care brand BeautyStat
- Tobi Henney: Celebrity makeup artist
- Kevin Kelly: Celebrity hair stylist and extensions artist
Has your product been featured?
Shop TODAY is editorially independent and our team of editors and writers work hard to pick the best products to share with our readers and viewers. We may license our logo to brands or products that have been featured on Shop TODAY. Click here if you're interested in licensing your inclusion in Shop TODAY content or to learn more from our licensing partner, Wrights Media.