Balance crunchy coleslaw with a tangy, refreshing dressing. This recipe uses chopped dill pickles, plus the brine, along with celery seed, pimentos, radish and sweet onion for a dish that will kick up any barbecue.
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup radish, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup dill pickle spears, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar pimentos, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dill pickle brine
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Chop red cabbage, sweet onion, radish, green pepper, pimentos, and dill pickles and combine in a large bowl. Add the carrots.
2. Combine vinegar, Grillo’s Italian Dill Spears pickle brine, oil, celery seed, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and stir.
4. Refrigerate slaw for at least 8 hours and serve cold.