Smoking the potatoes adds an amazing depth of flavor to this easy side dish.
Swap option: If you do not have a smoker, simply boil potatoes until tender, drain and allow to cool. Add 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke when mixing potato salad.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups vegan mayonnaise, preferably Just Mayo brand
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Wash potatoes and wrap in foil. Place in smoker and cook until tender (about an hour).
2. Remove potatoes from grill and let cool. Then dice into bite-sized pieces.
3. Place diced potatoes in large bowl and stir in mayo, mustard and scallions.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or place in the refrigerator to chill until ready to serve.