This dish is not only cheap and easy to make, it is addictively sweet and savory with a zing of spice.
Technique tip: Pick out sweet potatoes with uniform shapes, this helps everything cooks more evenly. Also, make sure to not crowd the pans so that the potatoes don't over-steam.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F with the oven rack in the upper third of the oven.
2. Cut the potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Spread in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with the oil to coat. Sprinkle with the salt, chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
3. Bake until tender and slightly charred, 25-30 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a serving platter, and garnish with extra paprika and flaky sea salt.
Excerpted from Siriously Delicious by Siri Daly. Copyright © 2018 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
TODAY has affiliate relationships, so we may get a small share of the revenue from your purchases. Items are sold by the retailer, not by TODAY.