Deviled eggs are almost always a crowd pleaser. This is a different take with familiar and fun ingredients.
Technique tip: Peel your eggs with a bowl of water nearby; constant plunging makes the process cleaner and faster.
Swap option: Get creative with the crunchy element: You can swap out the Rice Krispies for potato chips or even Fritos.
- 12 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 cups sake
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- Black sesame seeds
- Rice Krispies
- Chili-flavored mayonnaise
- Thai basil, thinly sliced into chiffonade
1. In a large container with a lid, combine warm water with sugar to dissolve. Add the remaining marinade ingredients and stir well to combine.
2. Submerge peeled eggs in marinade and marinate, refrigerated, for 24 hours.
3. Trim ends off eggs and then cut in half so they stand upright. Garnish with black sesame seeds, Rice Krispies and chili oil.