These nests are so simple to make and make a fun project for both kids and adults. The classic combo of peanut butter and chocolate can't be beat, while the salt from the pretzels amplifies both flavors. These nests can also be used as decoration for any spring celebration.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups pretzel sticks, broken into pieces
- One 10-ounce bag candy-coated chocolate eggs
- One 10-ounce bag jelly beans
- Green sprinkles, for decoarting
1. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. Pour chocolate chips and peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl.
3. Microwave the mixture for 30-second intervals until melted, stirring between each interval.
4. Break the pretzel sticks into smaller pieces and place them into a large bowl.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the pretzels and toss the pretzels to coat completely.
6. Once pretzels are coated, drop 2 tablespoons at a time into a small pile on the prepared baking sheet. With your fingers, lightly mold the pile into a nest shape. Drop some green sprinkles onto the nests to create edible grass and leaves.
7. Place the baking sheet into the fridge for 15 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens. Once the nests have set, take the sheet out of the fridge and fill the nests with chocolate eggs and jelly beans. Enjoy!