Watermelon is not often served in savory dishes, but this salad really works and is perfect on a hot summer day.
- One 8.8-ounce package farro
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- One 5-ounce container pre-washed arugula
- 3 cups bite-sized pieces watermelon, rind and seeds removed
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
1. Cook the farro according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. When the farro is done cooking and slightly cooled, add it to the salad bowl and gently toss with the vinaigrette. Add the red onion, cucumber and arugula and toss gently to combine with the farro. Top with the watermelon and feta. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.