The sweet tomatoes beautifully balance the bracing acidity of the tangy sherry vinegar and briny olives in this easy chicken dinner. This recipe is so easy to throw together and has a bright pop of flavor in every bite.
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick wedges
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, cut in half
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- 1 pint mixed-color cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 450 F.
2. Toss the onion with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil on a large, rimmed baking pan.
3. Arrange the chicken thighs on top and sprinkle them all over with the smoked paprika and salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinegar onto the pan then roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile toss the cherry tomatoes, olives, garlic and rosemary with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and a big pinch of salt. After the 15 minutes, add the mixture to the sheet pan and continue to roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 10-15 minutes more.
5. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve the chicken with the vegetables and juices from the pan.