For your next party, give your cheese ball a Southern spin with pimento cheese.
- 3 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 4-ounce jars diced pimentos, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- Crackers, sliced radishes, celery sticks, with leaves, purple or yellow cauliflower florets and green onions, for serving
Place white cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, paprika, cayenne, Worcestershire, onion powder and Dijon in a food processor with 2/3 of the diced pimentos (set the other pimentos aside).2.
Pulse the cheese mixture. Do not overwork it — you still want to see some texture.3.
Remove mixture from the food processor to a bowl and fold in the remaining pimento peppers and half of the chopped chives.4.
Refrigerate the mixture for 20-30 minutes.5.
Form the mixture into 2 softball size cheese balls.6.
Dip the top of the cheese balls in the remaining chopped chives.7.
Place on a platter with crackers and crudité like seed crackers, radishes, celery, cauliflower florets and green onions for dipping.