I love this recipe because it takes a classic party finger-food and gives it a flavorful twist. Oregano, garlic and Parmesan cheese give these poppable pigs in a blankets fresh Italian flavor.
- 24 frozen pigs in blankets, store-bought
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Pesto, homemade or store-bought, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the oregano, garlic powder and Parmesan.
3. Arrange the pigs on a baking sheet, seam sides down.
4. Brush tops of each pig with egg wash and sprinkle with the oregano mixture.
5. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through.
6. Place on serving tray and serve with pesto.