This is the perfect veggie side dish. It's healthy, light, flavorful and goes well with just about anything.
Technique tip: Blanching the broccolini locks in the bright green color and cooks them to a perfect al dente.
Swap option: Use regular broccoli or even green beans in place of broccolini.
- 2 pounds broccolini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
1. Fill a large saucepan with water, add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2. Then drop in your broccolini and boil for exactly 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, add the oil, garlic and chili flakes and sauté over medium heat until the garlic starts to lightly brown. Add the broccolini, add a final touch of salt and cook everything together just for a couple of minutes (but not too long or the broccolini loses its color and crunch).