Can't decide on a perfect slider recipe? Serve up a variety with cheddar-barbecue, mozzarella and tomato and a Chick-fil-A dupe on perfectly portioned mini chicken sandwiches.
Homemade Chick-fil-A Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Two 8-ounce packages frozen breaded chicken tenders, preferably Applegate Farms
- 12 slider-sized potato buns
- 1 jar marinara sauce, preferably Rao's
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 jar dill pickle slices
- Barbecue sauce
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
For the Chick-fil-A sauce:
In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together until well combined. Set aside.
For the sliders:
1. Thaw frozen chicken tenders in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line two rimmed sheet pans with parchment paper.
3. With a serrated knife, slice the buns horizontally to separate the top and bottom halves.
4. Place the bottom bun sections on the prepared sheet pan. Spoon 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce and then add a slice of provolone cheese on to the first four buns. Spoon barbecue sauce over the next row of four buns, and then lightly butter the last row of four buns.
5. Arrange chicken tenders on top of all 12 buns. Top the marinara-sauced chicken with slices of mozzarella cheese. Top the barbecue-sauced chicken sliders with a slice of cheddar cheese.
6. Toast bun tops on a separate sheet pan in the oven while baking the buns topped with the chicken for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tenders are lightly browned. Remove all pans from the oven.
7. Spread the honey-mustard sauce on the remaining four chicken tenders that don't have any sauce. Add pickle slices, if desired.
8. Place the top bun sections on the sliders and serve immediately.