- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 cup escarole heart, cut into 1½ inch pieces, washed and spun dry
- 1 cup assorted winter chicories
- 6 tablespoons dressing
- 12 Satsuma mandarin segments, cut in half
- 1 blood orange, peeled, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds and then quartered
- 8 oroblanco grapefruit segments, cut in half
- 1 Cara Cara orange, peeled, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds and then quartered
- 2 ounces Gorgonzola dolce, at room temperature
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Small basil leaves
- Freeze dried orange peel, finely ground
This spectacular salad is bursting with fresh citrus flavor. It's easy to assemble and perfect for brightening up a meal during the cold winter months.
For the dressing:
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and mix. Shake well before each use.
For the salad:
Arrange ingredients in even layers on 2 plates in the order listed.