Leftover roast chicken and mushrooms [**LINK Roast Chicken with Mushrooms LINK**] get new life in this easy and comforting soup. Fresh greens, root veggies and bright lemon make this soup filling and flavorful.
- 1 cup shredded roast chicken
- 2 chicken carcasses
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup diced turnips
- 2 cups cooked mushrooms
- 2 cups torn kale
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup torn parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil, to garnish
1. In a large pot, cover the chicken carcasses with chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
2. Remove the carcasses with kitchen tongs and discard.
3. Add the turnips and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, chicken and kale and simmer for 5 more minutes.
4. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
5. Finish with torn parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.