- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned daikon radish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 French baguette, cut to hot-dog size
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 hot dog, preferably with natural casing
- Canola oil
- Pickled vegetables (recipe above)
- 4-5 slices cucumber
- 4-5 pieces thinly sliced jalapeño
- 4-5 sprigs cilantro
I love this recipe because it can be prepped ahead and it's super easy to make. It also makes something as simple as a hot dog look and taste unbelievable.
Technique tip: A hot dog will start to split if over-cooked and you will see a lot of fat in the water.
Swap option: You can swap hot dog for a sausage or basically any other protein will be awesome in this recipe.
For the pickled vegetables:
Combine all the ingredients in a container and cover. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
For the sandwich:1.
Slice baguette and remove the inner bread. Spread mayo on both sides. Sprinkle soy sauce and Worcestershire.2.
Griddle hot dog in a hot pan with a touch of oil for about 2-3 minutes, or until warm.3.
Place the hot dog in the baguette and cover with well-drained pickled vegetables, cucumber slices, jalapeño and cilantro sprigs.