Thank you for your interest in Hoda & Jenna’s Shop the Drop Sweepstakes! Read below for entry, rules and more terms and conditions.
No purchase necessary: A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. The Shop the Drop Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) will begin on Nov. 15, 2023, at 10 a.m ET and end on Nov. 16, 2023, at 10 a.m. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). All times in the Sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time (“ ET”). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries (as defined below) received. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants are providing information to Sponsors and not to Instagram.
How to enter the Shop the Drop Sweepstakes
- Use your personal Instagram account to visit Hoda & Jenna's Instagram and click the “follow” button.
- Find the Sweepstakes announcement post that will be posted Nov. 15, 2023, at or about 10 a.m. ET and comment in the comments section of the Post why you would like to receive one of the prizes. The entry must be submitted via a “comment” on the post. An Instagram account is required to enter the Sweepstakes. If you do not already have an Instagram account, you can go to instagram.com to create a free Instagram account. If your Instagram account is set to the “Posts are Private” setting, your entry may be disqualified and rejected as ineligible for consideration in the Sweepstakes.
- You must follow @hodaandjenna throughout the sweepstakes period and for at least 15 days thereafter, for potential notification purposes, to participate in the Sweepstakes and be eligible to win. You may unfollow @hodaandjenna after 15-day notification period.
Rules for the Shop the Drop Sweepstakes
- Limit one Entry per person during the Sweepstakes period. Multiple Entries received from any person beyond this limit will void all such additional Entries.
- Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means or by any means that subverts the entry process will be disqualified.
- Entries must be received before Nov. 16, 2023 at 10 a.m. ET to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Sponsors’ computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
- Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, fraudulent, or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted.
- In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant.
- “Authorized account holder” of an Instagram account is defined as the person assigned to the Instagram account by Instagram. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, Instagram username, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
Winner selection and notification
- On or about Nov. 16, 2023, 10 potential winners will be selected in a random drawing by representatives of Sponsors from all eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsors will make two attempts to notify potential Winner via direct message to the Instagram account submitted at the time of Entry.
- Sponsors may share each potential Winner’s name and contact information with Sweepstakes Entities and/or any prize supplier, as applicable, if necessary.
- Potential Winner(s) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, “Sweepstakes Documents”) within two days of such notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification, and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries.
- If any potential Winner cannot be reached, is found to be ineligible, cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if Prize (as defined below) or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and time permitting, at Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate potential Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries.
- Limit one Prize (defined below) per family or household.
- For the names of the Winners, available after Nov. 30, 2023, either (a) send an email to Victoria.Odell@nbcuni.com with “Shop the Drop Sweepstakes” in the subject line, or (b) send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Shop the Drop Sweepstakes, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, Rm 330E, New York, NY 10112, Attn: Victoria O’Dell. The email and stamped envelope must be received by Jan. 25, 2024.
Information about the prize
- There will be 10 prizes awarded to the Winners; one Prize will be awarded to each Winner. Prize will consist of the following: one pink makeup bag, one Can’t Stop Staring Mascara, one Line It Up 24 Hr Eyeliner in Settle Brown, one Bubble Pop Electric Lip Gloss in Sweet Tooth, one Paint It Up 24 Hr Cream Eyeshadow in Midriff.
- Estimated Retail Value (“ERV”) of each Prize is $94. Total ERV of all Prizes is $940. Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize may vary. Any difference between ERV and ARV will not be awarded.
- Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors.
- All details of Prize will be determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute Prize (or portion thereof) with a similar prize (or prize element) of comparable or greater value.
- All taxes and other expenses, costs, or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner.
- Prize cannot be transferred by Winner or redeemed for cash and is valid only for the items detailed above, with no substitution of Prize by Winner.
- If Prize is unclaimed within a reasonable time after notification from Sponsors, as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion, it will be forfeited, and time permitting, an alternate Winner may be selected from the remaining eligible Entries at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Terms and conditions
By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities, Instagram, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or entrant’s acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) to indemnify Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to Prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by prize supplier that are sent along with Prize; (c) if selected as a Winner, to the posting of such entrant’s name and/or Instagram username, on the Website and the use by Released Parties of such name, Instagram username, city, state, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval, and, upon request, to the giving of consent, in writing, to such use; and (d) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsors, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Sponsors reserve the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person they believe has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsors, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The failure of Sponsors to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsors (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations), or other “force majeure” event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of Entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes or any element thereof (including, without limitation, these Official Rules) without notice in any manner and for any reason (including, without limitation, in the event of any unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules). In the event of cancellation, modification, or suspension, Sponsors reserve the right to select Winners in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, or suspension. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the Website. Sponsors may prohibit any Entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such Entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other Entrant, Sponsors, or Sponsors’ agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined in Sponsors’ sole discretion). Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
The Sweepstakes is governed by, and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, and the forum and venue for any dispute shall be in New York, New York. If the controversy or claim is not otherwise resolved through direct discussions or mediation, it shall then be resolved by final and binding arbitration administered by Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., in accordance with its streamlined arbitration rules and procedures or subsequent versions thereof (JAMS Rules). The JAMS Rules for selection of an arbitrator shall be followed, expect that the arbitrator shall be followed, except that the arbitrator shall be experienced and licensed to practice law in New York. All proceedings brought pursuant to this paragraph will be conducted in the county of New York, New York. The remedy for any claim shall be limited to actual damages, and in no event shall any party be entitled to recover punitive, exemplary, consequential, or incidental damages, including attorney's fees or other such related costs of bringing a claim, or to rescind this agreement or seek injunctive or any other equitable relief.