Just as your guest walks through the door, combine all of the ingredients. The lemon will enhance the dish but also cook the herbs.
- 6 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Herbed Avocado and Tomato Relish
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 leaves basil, mint, or tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Suggested Garnishes (optional)
- Grilled corn
- Grilled tomatoes
- Grilled peppers
- Pickled peppers
- Pickled onions
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Grill the shrimp until opaque. Let cool.
In the meantime, rub the baguette slices with the garlic and olive oil. Grill the bread.
Cut the shrimp into large diced pieces. Just as your guest walks through the door, combine all of the ingredients. Combine all of the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Grilled Baguette and optional suggested garnishes.