What a perfect way to celebrate end of summer corn! This patriotic grilled corn is a showstopping conversation piece. It's fun and easy to make, look at and eat!
- 6 fresh ears of corn, husks and silks removed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ cups crushed spicy cheese corn snacks, preferably Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 1½ cups white cheddar popcorn, pulsed in a food processor
- 1½ cups crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
1. Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat. Add corn and cook while rotating to char all sides, about 5-10 minutes total.
2. Slather mayonnaise on all sides of the corn. In a rectangle plate or on a baking sheet with sides, pour the toppings in 3 distinct rows that touch each other, starting with the red, then white, then blue.
3. Gently press and roll the corn through the toppings to create a red, white and blue band on each cob. Spritz with lime and serve.