Serve this delightful sweet potato mash in a bowl in the center of a platter of my delicious glazed pork chops. It makes for a wonderful presentation and it's much easier to serve ... and for your guests to dig into.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 large Vidalia or sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Place the potatoes and onion wedges on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil then rub it all over each piece with your hands. Season with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Place the veggies in the oven and cook until the potatoes and onions are tender and golden, about 30-40 minutes.
3. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the potatoes and onions, including the juices, into a food processor.
4. Add in the butter and continue blending until smooth. Taste and season with more salt, if needed.