- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 orange, zested
- 2½ tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 Granny Smith apples, shredded (skin on)
- 2 red apples (Gala or Honeycrisp), shredded (skin on)
- 2/3 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
I love dressing up slaw with unexpected ingredients like raisins, apples, nuts and fresh herbs. They add loads of flavor and add a ton of wonderful textures to this classic crunchy side.
In a large bowl whisk together the vinegar, citrus zest, orange juice, olive oil, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper.
Add the raisins, apples, walnuts, parsley, mint and cilantro to the bowl. Toss everything together and serve.