Soft tofu is the secret to making this crunchy salad's creamy dairy-free Caesar dressing.
- 2 pounds snap peas, sliced and shaved
- 1/4 cup soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons whole capers, drained
- 4 cloves garlic, microplaned
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce
- 1/2 vegetable oil or soy bean oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Toasted or smoked almonds, finely chopped
Trim and clean the snap peas, then cut them on a diagonal, making thin slivers. Place the sliced snap peas in a large bowl and set aside.
In a blender, add the tofu, vinegar, and water. Pulse until smooth. Add the capers, garlic, Tabasco, oil, salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
Pour the dressing on the rim of the bowl with the snap peas and then toss together, making sure every pea is coated in the dressing. Add the almonds on top of the salad and serve immediately.