This is a truly simple dessert to pull off, and yet it appears provocative and impressive. Besides, there's nothing more deliciously romantic than dipping assorted fruits and cake into chocolate.
Technique tip: Stirring your chocolate occasionally over low heat will keep it from drying and hardening up.
Swap option: If you don't have a fondue pot, you can use a chafing dish or just hover over the stove and keep your chocolate over very low heat while you dip!
Special equipment: Fondue pot and skewers
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One 11.5-ounce package (about 2 cups) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- Assorted fruit (strawberries, bananas, pineapples), marshmallows and/or store-bought angel food cake, for dipping
1. In a medium saucepan, combine whipping cream and salt. Turn heat to medium and simmer slowly.
2. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a fondue pot, stirring the chocolate occasionally.
4. Dip your fruit, cake and marshmallows into the chocolate.