- 12 shrimp - 16/20 peeled and deveined
- 4 cup grits
- 1/2 cup onions diced
- 8 slice bacon
- 4 slice garlic cloves manicured
- 4 slice shallots manicured
- 3 tablespoon jalapenos deseeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound butter (reserve 4 tablespoons to sauté shrimp and 4 tablespoons for vegetables
- 8 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup cream
Bring chicken stock to a boil.
Whisk in grits.
Once grits are cooked, fold in butter, cream and cheese.
In a sauté pan add reserved butter, then sweat onions, garlic, shallots and jalapenos and chopped bacon, then fold into your grits.
Season with salt to taste.
Rinse, dry and season shrimp with kosher salt.
Sauté shrimp in 3 tablespoons of butter (1 minute on each side until pink).
Assembly:Place a serving of grits on a plate.
Add 2 shrimp on top of grits.