This addicting snack is the perfect combo of sweet and salty.
Technique tip: Store nuts in airtight container to stop them from getting stale.
- 1½ pounds raw whole cashews, about 5 cups
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1½ tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Spread the cashews in a single layer on a greased rimmed baking sheet. Bake until roasted, about 5 minutes. Remove the nuts from pan. 2. Melt the butter with brown sugar in a Dutch oven or stockpot over medium and cook, stirring constantly, just until sugar has dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat stir in the rosemary, salt and cayenne pepper. 3. Add the cashews to the brown sugar mixture in the Dutch oven and toss to coat. Spread the cashews in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake until light brown, 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool completely, about 20 minutes. Serve alone as a snack or over salads as a crunchy garnish.