From pies to fries, the sweet potato is a staple ingredient in any Southern kitchen. I especially love this recipe because it highlights the versatility of the sweet potato and for its sweet and salty flavor combo.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and position rack in the center of the oven.
2. Rinse and thoroughly dry sweet potatoes.
3. Peel potatoes and carefully slice them in half vertically, then cut each half into 4–6 wedges.
4. In a bowl, toss potatoes with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
5. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
6. Roast in oven until potatoes are golden brown, about 35-40 minutes.
Courtesy of Son of a Southern Chef, LLC.