Middle Eastern spices turn plain carrots into a flavorful sensation. Once you taste the combo of spicy harissa, fresh herbs, zesty lemon and smoky cumin with naturally sweet and earthy carrots you may never make them any other way again.
- 8 large carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add carrots. Boil 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Drain.
While the carrots cook, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, chilo flakes, cumin and harissa.
Add the carrots, cilantro and parsley. Toss to coat; garnish the dish with sesame seeds and serve warm.