I could eat an entire batch of these in one sitting! They're crispy and salty and delicious. They're also a great way to get little ones to eat their veggies!
Swap option: Try this recipe with eggplant! You can also use these chips to make nachos with as well.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 medium zucchini
- Flaked sea salt, for sprinkling
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Marinara or tzatziki, for serving
1. In a medium bowl, beat the egg. In a shallow baking dish or pie plate, combine the flour and garlic powder.
2. Heat about 1 inch vegetable oil in a heavy-bottomed pot until a deep-fry thermometer inserted in the oil registers 375°F.
3. Using a mandolin or carefully with a knife, slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch rounds. Add a handful of the zucchini rounds to the bowl with the egg and toss to coat. Remove, allowing the excess egg to drain off. Dredge in the flour, shaking off the excess. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining zucchini rounds.
4. Fry the breaded zucchini in batches until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt while hot. Serve with marinara or tzatziki sauce for dipping.