- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup molasses
- 4 large ripe peaches, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- 24 slices country ham or prosciutto, sliced very thin
- 1 cup picked basil
- 6 ounces ricotta salata, sliced 1/4-inch
In a small pot over medium heat, add the red wine vinegar and reduce by half. Add the molasses and reduce for a few minutes until sticky and cool.
Toss the peaches in 1/4 cup of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill on high for 30 seconds on one side without moving. Once you have achieved nice dark grill marks, remove the peaches.
To assemble, place a slice of the country ham down flat onto a cutting board. At one end place a piece of basil, a slice of the ricotta salata and a grilled peach. Roll up tightly and slice in half. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Place on a large plate and drizzle with the olive oil, molasses vinegar reduction and sea salt.