Take your lunch to go with easy make-ahead Mason jar salads. Just layer your ingredients, seal it up and then give it a good shake when you're ready to eat.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions, green and white parts
- 1½ cups grilled or boiled corn, cut off of the cob
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled farmers cheese (such as cotija, feta or queso fresco)
- One 1-quart Mason jar with a tight fitting lid
Place olive oil, lime juice, salt, sugar, jalapeños and scallions in the bottom of a mason jar. In the next layer add the corn, then the tomatoes, then the herbs followed by the cheese. Screw on the lid to the Mason jar. Ingredients will keep in the jar (without being shaken) for 1 day.
When ready to serve, shake all ingredients in the jar with the lid on tight for 30 seconds or until all ingredients are well mixed. Unscrew cap and pour the ingredients into bowls.