Garlic bread is a household favorite, and we love it instead of regular bread with stews and soups — in addition to serving it with pasta and Parm!
Technique tip: Watch the bread carefully once you put it in the broiler — otherwise it can burn.
Swap options: Make this vegan by substituting olive oil for butter and skipping the cheese or using vegan cheese. If you like, you can add 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast to the olive oil mixture for a cheese-like flavor. Make this spicy by adding a chopped pickled jalapeño to the butter.
- 1 small loaf Italian bread or a demi-baguette
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 large pinch salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Cut the bread in half horizontally.
2. In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together the butter, garlic, parsley and salt. Spread this on the cut sides of the bread pieces.
3. Put the bread on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan evenly over the bread, then broil until golden and bubbling, 1-3 minutes longer, watching carefully so the bread doesn't burn.
4. Serve hot or warm, cut into slices.