This dish reminds me of some of my best summer days on the Amalfi coast. It's so light, bright and flavorful — not to mention quick to prepare!
Technique tip: Let the dish sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving to allow the olive oil and the lemon to blend with the herbs and practically marinate the whole thing.
Swap option: You can replace chickpeas with any beans here and it would work. No beans? Any grain would work really well here, too, such as farro, or barley or even quinoa.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 (5-ounce) cans Italian tuna packed in olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss well to combine. Allow to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving so flavors can develop.