I love this recipe because it takes all the wonderful cheesy and peppery flavors of classic cacio e pepe pasta and lightens it up with leafy greens. It's incredibly flavorful and a great dish to perk up your palate at the start of a meal.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Toscano cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 little gem lettuces, washed and cut in half
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to grate
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Balsamic vinegar
For the dressing:
In a small blender, add all ingredients and blend for 20 seconds or until nicely emulsified.
For the salad:
Brush a healthy amount of the dressing on the cut side of the lettuces.
Place the lettuces on a plate, drizzle with small amount of balsamic vinegar, shave nice amount of Parmigiano and add lots of coarse ground pepper on top.