I love this recipe because it gives traditional nachos an unexpected twist. The corned beef, pickled peppers, beer and mustard give them a distinctly New England flavor that no one will be able to resist.
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar, divided
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried chives or 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup pale ale beer
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups (5 ounces) white corn tortilla chips
- 4 cups (5 ounces) blue corn tortilla chips
- 6 ounces corned beef brisket, thinly sliced and shredded
- 6 pickled peppers, such as pepperoncini, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, brown mustard, chives, garlic, ale, salt and pepper until smooth.
3. In a large cast iron pan, mix the chips, corned beef, peppers and green onions. Push them to the edges leaving a blank spot in the middle for dip. Scatter the mustard seeds over the chips.
4. Scrape the dip into the center of the chip ring and scatter the rest of the shredded cheddar on top. Bake until the cheese is melted, and the dip is warmed through, about 15 minutes.