- 8 large eggs, boiled, peeled, halved, yolks removed and reserved
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann's
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne ground pepper
- Garnishes (optional)
- 1 pinch smoked Spanish sweet paprika
- 1 ounce American hackleback caviar
- 1/2 bunch chervil, picked and washed
- 2 slices very crispy smoked bacon, broken in pieces
I love how easy it is up upgrade simple deviled eggs with just a few simple toppings. The briny pop of caviar, crispiness of the bacon and freshness of the chervil complement the classic creamy texture and rich flavor of the eggs.
In a medium non-reactive bowl add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, onion powder, champagne vinegar, mix well with a firm whisk, add yolks and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, and mix until smooth. Place mixed yolks into a pastry bag.2.
Pipe and fill the whites with the yolk mixture.3.
To garnish, spoon caviar on top of each egg, sprinkle with smoked paprika and chervil and top with 1 piece of crispy bacon, if using.