I love how easy it is up upgrade simple deviled eggs with just a few simple toppings. The briny pop of caviar, crispiness of the bacon and freshness of the chervil complement the classic creamy texture and rich flavor of the eggs.
- 8 large eggs, boiled, peeled, halved, yolks removed and reserved
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably Hellmann's
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne ground pepper
- Garnishes (optional)
- 1 pinch smoked Spanish sweet paprika
- 1 ounce American hackleback caviar
- 1/2 bunch chervil, picked and washed
- 2 slices very crispy smoked bacon, broken in pieces
1. In a medium non-reactive bowl add cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, onion powder, champagne vinegar, mix well with a firm whisk, add yolks and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, and mix until smooth. Place mixed yolks into a pastry bag.
2. Pipe and fill the whites with the yolk mixture.
3. To garnish, spoon caviar on top of each egg, sprinkle with smoked paprika and chervil and top with 1 piece of crispy bacon, if using.