At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
Is it hot out there, or is it just us? To keep you from missing out on the benefits of the great outdoors (the views! the vitamin D!), we rounded up some of this season’s best activewear pieces — they're sure to keep you cool while still being functional and stylish.
The best sports bras
1. Fittin Racerback Sports Bra, $10+, Amazon
With more than 5,000 reviews, a 4.3 star rating and an affordable price point, it's no surprise that this is the No. 1 best-selling sports bra on Amazon.
2. TechSweat Crop Top, $45, Outdoor Voices
If you're looking for a little more coverage, this crop top/sports bra combo is the way to go. Reviewers love the lightweight fabric and high neck shape.
3. Harmony Bra, $44, Athleta
This bra is perfect for a low impact workouts, such as yoga or walking. The unique shape with less coverage is said to be really breathable.
The best workout tops
1. C9 Champion Short Sleeve Running T-Shirt, $20, Target
This short sleeve T-shirt features Duo Dry+ technology that wicks moisture, a breathable fabric, reflective details, and odor control.
Stuff We Love
2. Under Armour Women's Tech Twist Tank, $13, Amazon
Available in 25 different colors, one reviewer called these her "all-time favorite workout tanks" because they "don't get in the way during movements."
3. Zella Work For It Tank, $29, Nordstrom
This slightly cropped tank is stylish enough to take you directly from your workout to brunch, the school pickup line or out to run errands.
4. Hanes Women's Jersey Full Zip Hoodie, $10, Amazon
It may be getting warmer out, but early mornings and late evenings can still be chilly. Throw this on over your top on your way to and from the gym.
The best workout leggings and shorts
1. Align Pant 28", $98, Lululemon
As the brand writes, Lululemon's Align leggings are truly "buttery-soft" and feel like you're wearing nothing. They were specifically designed for yoga because of how light they are, but once you put them on you may never want to take them off.
2. Olacia Women Workout Leggings, $6+, Amazon
The price of these workout leggings really can't be beat! Plus, they have pockets to stash your phone and other essentials while you work out.
3. Dolphin-Hem Run Shorts for Women, $10-$17, Old Navy
With the weather heating up, it's time to break out the shorts. We love these because they're affordable and come in regular, tall and petite sizes.
4. Women's Plus Size Side Tie Capri Mid-Rise Leggings, $37, Target
The tie ribbons on these plus-size leggings add bit of feminine flair.
5. Alo High Waist Moto Leggings, $114, Nordstrom
These leggings may be pricey, but they're oh-so-stylish. The moto detailing will set you apart from everyone else in the gym.
Looking for more workout essentials, check out:
- The 15 best sports bras for every type of exercise
- The 12 best athletic shoes and sneakers to buy now
- The $10 leggings that are taking over Amazon
- The best sunscreen to wear all summer long