- 1 (.25 oz) package active dry yeast
- 1 scant cup warm water
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour (plus more, for kneading and rolling)
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (additional for sprinkling on stone)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 ounce medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup canned or jarred spicy spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1 cup medium roasted red pepper, sliced into long, thin strips
- 5 cup (whole) or 10 halves sun-dried tomatoes, soaked to reconstitute and julienned
- 1 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon snipped, fresh basil
In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
Add shrimp, and cook, 2-3 minutes or until pink and just done.
Drain and plunge into ice bath to stop cooking process.
Preheat oven to 400° F.
In food processor bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
Let stand until creamy, about 5 minutes.
Add 2 cups flour, wheat germ, salt, and honey.
Run processor until dough pulls from sides of bowl and forms a ball (adding more flour if needed), being careful not to over-process.
With floured hands, remove dough from processor bowl and place in an oiled bowl, turning to coat.
Cover and let rest for a few minutes.
Roll dough on a floured surface to a 14-inch round; prick several times with a fork.
Transfer to pizza stone (preferred for crisper crust) or pan, sprinkled with wheat germ, and bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden.
Remove crust from the oven.
Spread sauce on crust, leaving a small rim at edges.
Sprinkle crushed red pepper over sauce.
Drain shrimp well and arrange over sauce.
Distribute sun-dried tomatoes and roasted red pepper evenly.
Top with mozzarella and goat cheeses.
Return to oven and bake 15 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted and crust is browned.
Slice, sprinkle snipped basil over top, and serve.