- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
Every restaurant and every household should have its very own housedressing.
Choose your favorite oil and vinegar and feel free to add a variety of herbs and spices.
Always keep a batch mixed up in the refrigerator to dress a salad, drizzle over fresh tomatoes, or brush over the Cheeseless Pizza.1.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic and sherry wine vinegars, the Dijon mustard, minced thyme, and the minced shallot.
Slowly whisk in the oils and when emulsified, season with the salt and pepper.
Refrigerate in a covered container.2.
When ready to use, whisk again.
TO PREPARE AHEAD: Through step 1, the dressing will keep 3 to 4 weeks.