These homemade crackers are wonderful with cheese, dips and more. Plus, they're packed with seeds so they're good for you!
- 4 teaspoons flaxseeds
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- All-purpose flour, for rolling the dough
- Olive oil, for brushing over the dough
1. Combine the flaxseeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and fennel seeds in a bowl and separate in two halves, reserve one half of the seeds for topping.
2. Mix the flours and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt with half of the seeds.
3. Add the olive oil and water to the dry ingredients and mix by hand until it forms a dough. Work the dough until it pulls together into a ball.
4. Cover with plastic and let rest for 20-30 minutes at room temperature.
5. Preheat the oven to 350º F.
6. Dust a large cutting board with flour. Roll the dough to 1/8-inch thick.
7. Brush the cracker with olive oil, sprinkle remaining seeds and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt over the top and gently press into the dough.
8. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut into 1-inch-by-3-inch strips.
9. Place on a nonstick baking sheet (or regular baking sheet with a thin layer of oil).
10. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crackers begin to brown on the edges.