1. As part of this week’s #InspiredBy series, Savannah shared who’s had the biggest impact on her life: her late Uncle Pierce, who had Down syndrome.
“When you love somebody who has a disability,” she explained, “it's instant perspective about how to make life wonderful even when you've been given incredible difficulties.”
2. This morning marked Willie’s one-year anniversary with the TODAY family, and to celebrate the milestone, Natalie wrote a wonderful piece for TODAY.com: “How Willie Geist changed my life in 1 year.”
3. Did you notice today’s date is 11/12/13? Shanel Manzano and Elliot Bryant did. The two self-professed “math geeks” chose the date to get married, and did so at 9:10 a.m. live on air.
Get it? At 9:10 on 11/12/13? Watch the punctual ceremony below:
Couple weds on TODAY at 9:10 on 11-12-13Play Video
Pope Francis awards George Clooney, Richard Gere, Salma Hayek
Why 3-day weekends are good for you
Liquor store wages funny war of words with McDonald's
Steven Spielberg's advice to grads: Go home like E.T.!
4. “I feel like a schmuck,’’ Mike Tyson confessed this morning.
The former heavyweight champ told Willie he now regrets how the pursuit of fame made him act outside the ring. “I feel like ‘el schmucko.’ For instance, I didn’t choose being a fighter; it chose me. Somebody told me, ‘Hey this is what you’re gonna do, you’re good at this.’
Also, he met Shirley MacLaine in the Orange Room before his interview – and they became best friends.
Mike Tyson: Therapy has helped my relationshipsPlay Video
Erin Schrode could become the youngest woman in Congress
Car crashes into smoke shop, caught on camera
3 women hailed for stopping alleged date rape in progress
Can the sender of a text can be liable in a car accident?
5. Hoda joined Savannah in sharing stories of the person (or in this case, people) she’s #InspiredBy.
She met Ken Duane, who convinced to share her cancer experience with others, on a flight. She was introduced to Jill Conley, who has inspired Hoda with her positive attitude in the face of a terminal cancer diagnosis, at a gala supporting breast cancer awareness.
“I decided to pick people who any one of us could have met, but if you turned right instead of turning left, you would have missed them,’’ Hoda said. “After a chance meeting, I truly hit the brakes and said, ‘Today is a game-changer in my life.’”
Hoda shares chance meetings that changed her lifePlay Video
Should a dinner party have assigned seats?
Bananagrams, Bloody Mary mix: KLG and Hoda's Favorite Things
Ruffle tops, boho, denim, floral: Summer's hottest fashion trends
Animals that adapt: Meet baby fox, river otter, red-tailed hawk
And that’s TODAY’s Takeaway! Watch more clips from the broadcast.