- 2 cups shelled peas
- 1/2 to 1 pound tagliatelle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh hot chili (like Thai)
- 1/2 cup chopped mint, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then add the shelled peas and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; remove with a sieve. 2. Add the tagliatelle to the boiling water. 3. Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the minced hot chili and the peas, and cook, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. 4. When the pasta is tender but not mushy, drain it, reserving some of the cooking water.5. Return the tagliatelle to the pot and toss with the peas, chopped mint and grated pecorino Romano cheese. Add a bit of cooking water, if you like. Serve garnished with more mint and pecorino.