- One 16 ounce pack of pre-made whole wheat pizza dough, such as Trader Joe's
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup dried fruit, mixture of apricots, cranberries, dates, cherries, raisins, or any mix of dried fruit
- 2 teaspoons bourbon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons of whole milk
Sweet dried fruit pieces and a little pumpkin spice give these rolls a truly wintry twist.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and use a 9-inch baking cake pan, lined in parchment paper.1.
Roll the dough into an 8-inch x12-inch rectangle.2.
In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, pumpkin pie spice and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Spread the mixture evenly onto dough, leaving a 1/2 inch boarder around the outside edge.3.
In a small bowl, cover the dried fruit with vanilla and hot water to plump them up, about 5 minutes. Drain liquid from fruit and sprinkle the fruit over the dough.4.
Start rolling the dough from the long edge up, like a carpet. You will get a 12-inch long tube of dough. Cut into six 2-inch thick rounds and place in the pan a 1/2 inch apart.5.
Allow to proof in a warm spot, until the dough doubles in size, about 45-60 minutes (or overnight in the refrigerator.)6.
Bake until the dough is cooked and tops are golden about 22-28 minutes. Cool slightly7.
Meanwhile make the icing. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, remaining sugar and milk, and whip until smooth.8.
Spread the icing over the top and enjoy!