- 2 bags microwaveable baby potatoes (white, red bliss, tricolor)
- 4 strips bacon, crisped and chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green parts finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1/4 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Crispy bacon adds a smoky and salty crunch to summery potato salad. Chipotle peppers and Dijon mustard up the flavor ante even more with a little spice and bracing bite.
For the potatoes:
Microwave the potatoes for 2 minutes less than instructions require. Allow to cool, cut into bite-sized pieces and add to a large bowl with the bacon and scallions.
For the dressing:
In a small bowl whisk together the sugar, mayonnaise, chipotle peppers, mustard and apple cider vinegar. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Pour dressing over the salad base in the large bowl and toss. Refrigerate until ready to serve.